Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018
Time: 2:30 pm
Tickets: Free After 2:00 pm
Join FormLA Landscaping President Cassy Aoyagi at Huntington Gardens to learn the ins and outs of creating a fire-wise landscape. Aoyagi and FormLA designers Isara Ongwiseth and Eric Crow have designed fire-wise gardens for LA Fire Department Stations in Sierra Madre and Sunland-Tujunga, the Sunland Welcome Nature Garden, and residences throughout LA County.
Training topics will include:
- Selection of fire-wise plants
- Which plants to avoid or remove for fire safety
- Substitutes for popular but invasive, combustible materials
- Installation and maintenance strategies that minimize brush clearance needs
- Irrigation and exterior fire sprinklers
Every garden and open space in LA has a role to play in mitigating fire, flood, slide and climate-change related dangers. By digging in together, we can make our own luck and increase the city’s resilience. We hope you’ll join us to learn how!