Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018
Time: 2:30 pm
Tickets: Free After 2:00 pm
Join FormLA Landscaping president and USGBC-LA board member Cassy Aoyagi at Huntington Gardens to learn the ins and outs of creating a fire-wise landscape. Aoyagi and FormLA designers Isara Ongwiseth and Eric Crow have designed fire-wise gardens for LA Fire Department Stations in Sierra Madre and Sunland-Tujunga, the Sunland Welcome Nature Garden, and residences throughout LA County.
Training topics will include how to:
1) Identify plants to avoid or remove for fire safety
2) Find substitutes for popular but combustible materials
3) Select the rightfire-wise plants for your garden
4) Install to minimize ongoing brush clearance needs
5) Maintain exterior spaces to best protect homes and lives.
Every garden and open space in LA has a role to play in mitigating fire, flood, slide and climate-change related dangers. By digging in together, we can make our own luck and increase the city’s resilience. We hope you’ll join us to learn how!