Date: Saturday February 18, 2017
Time: 8:00 am to 2:00 pm – Rain or Shine!
Location: LAFD Fire Station 74 (Map)
Join FormLA Landscaping and Eagle Scout Troop 394 as we beautify the Tujunga Fire Station 74! We’ve cleared the site and planted the large, but we need your help installing drip irrigation lines, planting natives, and spreading mulch. You’ll get hands-on experience as you work, as FormLA Landscaping founders Cassy and Kirk Aoyagi will provide instruction and dig in alongside you.
- How to install state of the art drip irrigation
- What planting techniques ensure native plants thrive long term
- Which native plants resist fire and protect wildspaces
- Where to plant popular natives
- Why mulch makes all the difference
Bring water, a snack, hat and sunscreen. We’ll have tools and gloves for you to use.
The new fire station garden is an Eagle Scout project sponsored by Travis Whitcomb.