Lush, Green, Low-Water Lawns Are Native to Los Angeles
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2022
Time: 7 pm
Location: Altadena Community Center (Directions)
RSVP: Free with Registration
Looking for ways to help LA save water? It might not require quite the sacrifice you imagine!
We expect a deep and lively conversation of lawn alternatives hosted by Altadena Heritage! FormLA Landscaping President Cassy Aoyagi will join Katie Tilford with the Theodore Payne Foundation and Michael Davidson of Climate Smart Irrigation. We expect to discuss:
- What to expect from lawn-free life,
- Lawn alternatives including: gravelscapes, synthetic turfs, or IdealMow lawns and meadows,
- The joys and magic of smart irrigation,
- Grants and incentives for lawn replacement, as well as
- How to go the extra water-saving mile.
Refreshments will be provided.
We hope to see you there!