FormLA® Landscaping believes authentic beauty can save LA. So we are bringing it! During our 25 years in business, our team has added nearly 2 million square feet of authentic, native habitat to Los Angeles, ranging from Tujunga to Playa Del Rey, western Malibu to the San Marina foothills.
As a result of removing more than 250,000 square feet of thirsty turf grass, each year we save LA:
- Well over 10 million gallons of water
- More than 2400 lbs of toxic chemical fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, and herbicides that would otherwise pollute our watershed and air
- Air pollution equivalent to taking tens of Ford F-150 Raptors off the road
- From extreme heat as trees establish and reduce surrounding temperatures by as much 20 degrees
- Approximately $700,000 a year in lawn care expenses
We take pride in creating beauty reflective of LA’s creativity, authenticity and diversity, and in the knowledge this beauty supports LA’s long term resilience.
We believe you and Los Angeles deserve our best. Whether we are creating a smart LEED® landscape design, impeccably crafting hardscapes with sustainable materials and practices, or ensuring your landscape thrives, our work is infused with the knowledge that our work can save the world… or at least LA!
In providing beautiful, architecturally significant landscapes, we are:
- Supporting the health of all who use the space,
- Enhancing LA’s independence from external water sources,
- Facilitating neighborhood cohesion and safety,
- Lessening our communal tax burden, and
- Protecting our oceans, wild lands and water sources.
Owners Kirk and Cassy Aoyagi founded FormLA in 1997 as C&K Landscape Design, Inc. After 12 years creating noteworthy landscapes throughout Los Angeles County, we adopted the name FormLA Landscaping to better reflect our growing team, commitment to sustainability, and the depth of our expertise.
We’ve been listed among Los Angeles Business Journal’s most influential family-owned businesses, and we are the first and only California Air Quality Board Zero-Emission Landscaper serving all of LA County.