IdealMow Lawns: Safer,Healthier Play Space
IdealMow™ Lawns provide cleaner, healthier, safer play space than traditional lawns and synthetic grass alternatives. Drought tolerant IdealMow™ Lawns help families:
- Protect people and pets from direct contact with harmful chemicals, including known toxins and carcinogens, in synthetic fertilizers and pesticides
- Limit exposure to bacteria, as well as allergens like latex, in synthetic lawns, which have been tied to cancers,
- Extend playtime, as playspace with IdealMow™ Lawns stays 20-50 percent cooler than playspace with synthetic turf or asphalt
- Mow less to contribute less noise pollution and consume fewer carcinogens and allergens produced by petrolium-powered mowers
- Protect those surfing and swimming in the ocean from agal blooms that feed on fertilizers in wastewater
- “Pesticide Exposure During Pregnancy Linked to Higher Autism Risk,” Los Angeles Times. June 23, 2014.
- “EPA to Strengthen Oversight of Pesticide’s Impact on Children and Farmworkers,”Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). December 8, 2009.
- “Wastelands: The Threat of Toxic Fertilizer.”California Public Interest Research Group (CALPIRG).
- “Health Risks of Mowing the Lawn,” BBC. June 2001.
- “Harmful Agal Blooms,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- “Red Tide and Harmful Agal Blooms,” Surfrider Foundation.
- “Ammonia Health Hazards Fact Sheet.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).