What Is Your Turf Grass Costing You?
Positioning properties to use less water with drought tolerant, sustainable landscaping can produce significant savings of both money and time. In fact, Consumer Reports included “thinking beyond grass” among its top 10 landscaping money-savers in 2009.
Replacing 1000 square feet of lawn with an IdealMow can:
- Save $1000-2000 each year in labor, or approximately 65 hours of your time
- Reduce dump fees by up to $1500 annually
- Eliminate fuel and mower maintenance costs
- Eliminate fertilizer and pesticide costs
- Prevent hundreds of dollars in water consumption fees and raised rates
A 1000 square foot investment quickly pays dividends. It will save more than $3500 each year – the current Health Savings Account contribution limit. It will recoup the cost of it’s renovation in under three years – faster with grants. After just ten years, it will have saved nearly three years of in-state tuition at UCLA.
- Garden Garden White Paper. City of Santa Monica.
- Garden Garden Fact Sheet. City of Santa Monica.
- “Hassle-Free Lawns,” Consumer Reports. May 2009.
- “Tired of Mowing and Maintaining Your Lawn?” The Environmental Magazine.
- “Get Money Back for Saving Water.” Sunset Magazine.
- Energy Department Energy Saver Infographic
- Grass vs. Gravelscape
- Real vs. Plastic (Lawns)